Fundamentals of allergen management
Nowadays, Restaurants customize their menu so that they can serve customers according to their needs. This is indeed a very challenging job to cater to all kind of people, but to keep its business running a restaurant it has to follow certain rules and act according to requirement of its customers.
Restaurants have to change their menus with advance dishes with considering the growth in the food industry is higher than before and trend to go for outside food. Though our science & technology is that updated that’s why we able to detect any kind of food allergy.
Kinds of food allergies:
There are quite different kinds of food items that can be termed as allergens. Some of them include tree nuts, wheat, milk, fish, soybeans, peanuts, eggs, shellfish, and sesame to name a few which affects from infancy to adolescence and to adults.
Safety measures should be taken in a restaurant while providing people with a variety of allergies and certain things:
- The food menu should be designed in such a way that it provides complete details of the ingredients used in the dish so that customers can easily choose depending on what type of food is right for them.
- Need to maintain hygiene & sanitation, the restaurant can safeguard its customers from any kind of allergy. The cleaner the kitchen, the more safe it is, as customers are less likely to get dirty.
- The restaurants can train their staff on various kinds of food allergies and guide them to take the necessary precautions while preparing any particular dish.
- The restaurant should check the food labels before preparing any menu mentioned on the menu that may have topics such as soybeans, nuts, wheat etc.
- The staff should be more careful to cook utensils also that require special care, first clean all cooking utensils, and prepare these utensils separately so that there is no contact with other prepared utensils.
- The Customers with food allergies, too, have extensive knowledge of the foods that they eat, therefore, directing hotel staff in the container to be tailored to them according to their requirements.
- Restaurants mark certain dishes as its signature dishes, which are a little spicy. Some of dishes are “Dishes of the day”, chef’s specialty dishes, etc. Restaurants may include names of containers containing nuts, dairy products, wheat, etc. which can cause any kind of allergy, which is why it protects customers.
Posease has an important role to play, in this context, as it not only prepares the list of the customers coming to the restaurant, it can also maintain a detailed account of the customers with any particular allergies, likes and dislikes so that they can easily be served in the future.
Allergy management is a growing concept nowadays, and it is almost essential for every restaurant to have a special menu where it can cater to customers with different kinds of allergies. To sustain themselves in this industry and to uphold their position, it is the need of the hour, that the restaurant updates itself and modulates its menu according to the needs and tastes of its customers. Posease not only makes the billing easy, but it also simplifies various tasks that the restaurant needs to perform to keep itself updated with the new techniques and ways of allergen management.